Welcome to Firdale Medical Centre. We have an online consultation service called PATCHS. You can access PATCHS by visiting our website via the link below and clicking on Online Consulting Tile in the main top menu.
Contacting using PATCHS instead of by telephone has several advantages for you including:
- Getting help quicker from a GP.
- No queuing on the telephone.
- Ability to submit requests any time day or night (though we can only respond during our opening hours).
- Doing everything on there, consultations, sick notes, checking results etc. Though you shouldn’t use it for emergencies.
- Submitting requests on behalf of someone you care for.
- If the doctor or nurse decides you need an appointment, they will see you ASAP (usually on the same day).
Using PATCHS also has advantages for us including:
- Seeing what your request is up front in writing helps us plan our work better.
- Freeing up the telephone for people that cannot use PATCHS e.g. those with emergency problems or if they cannot physically use the internet.
- Helping us save face-to-face and telephone appointments.