Please note that due to the current circumstances we had to made the following changed to the practice operation:
- In order to reduce the risk of coronavirus infection spread and to safeguard the patients and staff member allowing us to operate longer the practice will be only opened to those with booked appointments.
- When you arrive at the practice please use the bell located on the wall to the left from the front door.
- For any queries please use our telephone system during our opening hours.
- Please note that in order to request prescription we will ask you to either use our online Patient Access facility or submit the request into a prescription box currently located at the entrance to the practice.
- Please note that the waiting time for the prescriptions have now changed and we will require 72 hours (three days) to complete your request.
Following services will have to be postponed until further notice:
Sick notes (MED3): Med3 for first 7 days not required. No Med3 will be provided by General Practice for self- isolation past 7 days. Advise patients that a self-isolation note is available here: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
Travel vaccinations, insurance reports, medicals, non-urgent paperwork, DVLA medical examinations
Spirometry and routine ECGs
New patient checks, NHS health checks, medication reviews, frailty and over 75’s annual reviews
Engagement with Patient Participation Group
Following recent guidelines from NHS relating to COVID – 19 (coronavirus) we had to make temporary changes to our appointment system.
Flu like symptoms / High temperature / Cough.
- Current guidelines from NHS England are that if you have either new cough or high temperature you should self-isolate for 7 days. Do not come to the surgery.
- When you phone the surgery with flu like symptoms, new cough or high temperature you will be asked not to come to the surgery and either access NHS 111 online or to call NHS 111 undergo coronavirus screening.
- You will notice that our on-line appointments are no longer available.
- When you telephone the practice to book an appointment you will be advised that it will be a telephone or video consultation.
- If you have telephone appointment scheduled please ensure you are awaiting a call from your clinician and that we have your current phone number – our staff will check this with you.
- During your telephone appointment it may be decided you need to come to the surgery to be examined face to face.
- You will be given a time slot to arrive for face to face examination
- Please don’t arrive too early as you may be asked to wait outside.
- There may still be delay in your appointment if the condition of the patient before you was complex and required more than initially planned time to fully examine.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding. All above changes are necessary to minimise the risk of coronavirus spreading and affecting vulnerable patients as well as the staff at the surgery. We believe that those precautions will allow us to continue providing clinical support for longer mitigating development of potential cases among our clinical staff and patients
Stay safe and well.