If you take regular medication for well controlled conditions and have a monthly repeat prescription you can have your prescription issued without seeing your GP.
Attached to your printed prescription is a list of your usual medication. When you need another supply of your medication this acts as your re-order form which can be handed in or posted. Please allow 72 hours to collect your prescriptions and longer if your pharmacy is collecting prescriptions for you. Please provide a stamped and addressed envelope if you would like us to return prescriptions to you by post.
You can also request your repeat prescriptions online, through the system also used to book an appointment. You can find the link to this here Patient Access – GP appointments & prescriptions online
In summary you can order your prescriptions in the following safe ways:
- Handing in or posting the part of your prescription listing the regular medication you take
- Handing in or posting our prescription request form you can obtain from the practice
- Handing in or posting a letter requesting the medication (please ensure you include your name, date of birth and address as these are essential to confirm the identity of the patient the medicine is requested for)
- Using Patient Access – GP appointments & prescriptions online if you require support in setting up Patient Access please speak to one of our team.
- Asking your nominated pharmacy to place the order for you.
We are sorry but requests for prescriptions cannot be taken over the telephone. This is due to possible errors and having no evidence trail of the request. If you have any queries please contact us on 01606544300 option 3 2pm—4pm Monday to Thursday and 2pm—3pm on Fridays. Please note we will require 3 days (72 hrs to process your request).